• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Default Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pati16

What is the name of your state? Kansas Setup payment plan with attorneys' office for a credit card and have sent two payments already with understanding of judgement against me,but still received an order to appear in court for a default judgement. My question is do I need to still show up for this court date since I am paying this debt or will the law office seek further ramifications from me if I don't.

Last edited:

JETX

Pati16 said:
Setup payment plan with attorneys' office for a credit card and have sent two payments already with understanding of judgement against me,but still received a order to appear in court for a default judgement. My question is do I need to still show up for this court date since I am paying this debt or will the law office seek futher ramifications from me if I don't.
Why did the law firm proceed with litigation if you were in compliance with a payment agreement??
In any case, if you have been sued and wish to mount any defense against the claims/debt, then by all means, make an appearance and present your case to the court. If you don't care about a judgment against you, then don't offer a defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">