• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DHS and confidentiality infringement 18 yr old!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Righzo

NEBRASKA, so my mother made false accusations that i was physically assailing my brother, and they were proved to be false..although the dhs investigator could not tell me it was her specifically, my mother told my dad that she was going to call dhs (cause she's a bitch and wants custody and will do anything to do that ..yeah even falsely report stuff to dhs and potentially hurt my life...her other son...) thats why they "had" to come to my house right? ...with a sheriff...-_- and so i let them in..and the sheriff requested to search my room? i said no, and he then asked to search my blankets and pillows? (is this prison america?) so i was like..hmm for ****s and giggles, sureeeee, and he found nothing ...so anyways, in this report there was a false accusation that i had a gun -_- anddddd since i purposely let the cop search my sheets and **** to prove that in the report we're all good, but that's not the part im concerned about...see the dhs lady was persistent on proving that there was a gun in my room and interrogated (the cop left at this point), my sister and father separately and so my dad told me she was dead set on finding a gun lol..on false accusations -_-, but anyways..she asked my father to sign a release on my past therapist files in front of us two after the interrogation and i said no ..being as i sign a confidentiality waver at the therapist that any body would have to have my signature to get any information...so i said no i dont want you to have that info..but my dad signed the waver that clearly breaks my rights according to the waver i signed at the therapists office...so since i am 18 and not a minor...was she legally allowed to not ask for my permission to get my information from my therapist? i feel like that's wrong ..very wrong -_-...kinda invasion of privacy..since thats what i signed that waver for...and since she didn't even ask for my permission to talk to the therapist about my records and files with him...ins'nt that illegal...being as i am 18 and not a minor? during this happening i told them both (dad and dhs investigator), that i did not want either of them to have access to my records. i am a very knowledgeable person on the law and avidly study it..and i feel like this may infringe on my right of privacy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your father can sign anything he wants. It doesn't mean that the therapist will comply...

Proserpina

NEBRASKA, so my mother made false accusations that i was physically assailing my brother, and they were proved to be false..although the dhs investigator could not tell me it was her specifically, my mother told my dad that she was going to call dhs (cause she's a bitch and wants custody and will do anything to do that ..yeah even falsely report stuff to dhs and potentially hurt my life...her other son...) thats why they "had" to come to my house right? ...with a sheriff...-_- and so i let them in..and the sheriff requested to search my room? i said no, and he then asked to search my blankets and pillows? (is this prison america?) so i was like..hmm for ****s and giggles, sureeeee, and he found nothing ...so anyways, in this report there was a false accusation that i had a gun -_- anddddd since i purposely let the cop search my sheets and **** to prove that in the report we're all good, but that's not the part im concerned about...see the dhs lady was persistent on proving that there was a gun in my room and interrogated (the cop left at this point), my sister and father separately and so my dad told me she was dead set on finding a gun lol..on false accusations -_-, but anyways..she asked my father to sign a release on my past therapist files in front of us two after the interrogation and i said no ..being as i sign a confidentiality waver at the therapist that any body would have to have my signature to get any information...so i said no i dont want you to have that info..but my dad signed the waver that clearly breaks my rights according to the waver i signed at the therapists office...so since i am 18 and not a minor...was she legally allowed to not ask for my permission to get my information from my therapist? i feel like that's wrong ..very wrong -_-...kinda invasion of privacy..since thats what i signed that waver for...and since she didn't even ask for my permission to talk to the therapist about my records and files with him...ins'nt that illegal...being as i am 18 and not a minor? during this happening i told them both (dad and dhs investigator), that i did not want either of them to have access to my records. i am a very knowledgeable person on the law and avidly study it..and i feel like this may infringe on my right of privacy.

You're in Nebraska - the age of majority is 19, not 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">