• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did a bad job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lost 3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas If you hired a person to do a job, and the project did not work out, like he said it would, and he did the project wrong ,should you him pay him. He said,that he had 18 years of experience, doing this type of work.

BelizeBreeze

lost 3 said:
what kind of info do you need, to help to get my answer. we had a hand shake to do the job.
Then you have no case. Unless you can produce the 'handshake' contract for a judge to determine damages.

lost 3

if i told a person i was doing a job for that this particular part would work and
it didn't resolve the problem i wouldn't expect to get paid for the part. am i wrong ? i was in business for 30 years and that's how i conducted my business and my customers were happy. now this man and his workers assured me that this casing would work. and it didn't all this was done by oral
agreement and a hand shake. so it is his word against mine. is it a stand off or not.

rmet4nzkx

What is the nature of the project?
What is the nature of this casing? Was it for a sausage or lining an oil well, bullet, books, what? What happened?

BelizeBreeze

lost 3 said:
if i told a person i was doing a job for that this particular part would work and
it didn't resolve the problem i wouldn't expect to get paid for the part. am i wrong ? i was in business for 30 years and that's how i conducted my business and my customers were happy. now this man and his workers assured me that this casing would work. and it didn't all this was done by oral
agreement and a hand shake. so it is his word against mine. is it a stand off or not.
What YOU, or for that matter, I would do, is irrelevant. As is the nature of the work, the completion or not, the price paid or any other fact. What this boils down to is what you can prove. And that is nothing.

Sadly, not everyone does business like me. I have, in the last 10 years, signed only one contract and that was with the bank to purchase "Harvey". Other than that, a handshake was good enough.

It's not for everyone. Next time, get it in writing.

lost 3

To rmet4nzkx The casing is for a water well that he drilled , found water at 1300 ft in cavern drilled another 100 ft don't know why he drill the extra feet, then he put in 1400 ft of casing, that block the water that was there,it could not get in the casing before the casing we had 300 foot of water in the well

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">