• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Digital photos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jroyalty83

What is the name of your state?MI
Are digital photos admissable in court? I have photos as evidence that have the date they were taken digitally signed (tells you in the property's of the photo on your computer, not date created but in the version info where it sates date picture taken along with various other information abou the camera) and date they were created on my computer. Any of it admissable in civil court?

BelizeBreeze

The fact that the photo was digitally created has no bearing on its admissability in court. It either is or isn't based on the facts of the case presented.

Jroyalty83

Digital photo

The respondant in this case claims that they were not at the specified place in the photographs, especially not the weekend in question. The dates as i said are digitally signed into the properties of the photo.The camera itself is 2 days fast but i have documentation to go along with other pictures before and after the ones im using in court, to show that the camera is fast, along with bringing the camera itself. Can that cause a problem?

BelizeBreeze

Jroyalty83 said:
The respondant in this case claims that they were not at the specified place in the photographs, especially not the weekend in question. The dates as i said are digitally signed into the properties of the photo.The camera itself is 2 days fast but i have documentation to go along with other pictures before and after the ones im using in court, to show that the camera is fast, along with bringing the camera itself. Can that cause a problem?
Yes and no. Those are facts that you will need to present to the judge for him/her to make the determination.
You are asking this forum to litigate the case, which we cannot do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">