• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissal without prejudice filed by the plantiff? Do i need to do anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karenlee888

California, LA COUNTY

It's been two months since the plantiff has filed for DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREJUDICE. Do I need to do anything? Should I contact the court?
Do I need to answer it? And if I don't have to do anything, how long will it take for the court to take action? It's been almost three months.
Thanks a million!

6/10/16 DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREJUDICE FILED FOR THE ENTIRE ACTION AS TO ALL DEFENDANTS AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTIONS.
LA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
DEBT COLLECTION CASE

quincy

California, LA COUNTY

It's been two months since the plantiff has filed for DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREJUDICE. Do I need to do anything? Should I contact the court?
Do I need to answer it? And if I don't have to do anything, how long will it take for the court to take action? It's been almost three months.
Thanks a million!

6/10/16 DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREJUDICE FILED FOR THE ENTIRE ACTION AS TO ALL DEFENDANTS AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTIONS.
LA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
DEBT COLLECTION CASE
It is important to note that a dismissal without prejudice means that the plaintiff can re-file their legal action against you at a later date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">