• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissed with prejudice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Toadspit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
I was harassed and intimidated by a former employer that was trying to extort money from one of his clients for money. the employer had expressed his wish that this client pay me for the service and i would take on the work as a side job since he was unwilling / unable to take care of the client due to family health issues. this client and i made arrangments to get this job done and i was payed directly for the job. Some time later i recieve a summons to be a witness for this (former) employer and soon therafter i recieve phone calls and txt messages form this guy threatening me that if i don't lie for him he would bring the case against me personaly. i never responded to these calls/txt msgs and waited for court to share them with the judge. I told the judge of the threats and intimidations and it was decided by the judge that there was no money owed to this guy and the case was dismissed. Now the former employer walks out of the court room and files the same case against me for the same dollar amount. Now i show up for court with witnesses and plaintiff doesn't show up. explaining to the judge once again that i waws intimidated and so on the case was dismissed "With prejudice" Now over 6 months later i get another summons for the same charges same dollar amount even. and i'm currently unemployed with a family to support and am wondering if you could enlighten me as to my options. thanks in advance for any advice

seniorjudge

Get a copy of the first dismissal with prejudice from the clerk of the court.

When you go to court for the new lawsuit, show the judge the dismissal with prejudice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">