• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I file Motion for Contempt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daffan

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I have two named defendants in a lawsuit. I am Pro Per (Pro Se).

One I have served interrogatories to, the other I will serve discovery to when I know more from the first defendant. (A small LLC and it's primary member are the defendants).

I got a motion to compel interrogatories and sanctions granted against the first defendant since it (the company) did not respond.

Time's up and the defendant has not met the court order.

The second defendant (the owner), has not followed court's orders to "meet and confer" attend a "case management conference" and I suspect attend a new "trial seeting conference" due soon.

What is the proper procedure to force the defendants to comply?

Do I file a "motion for contempt" a "petition for contempt", a partial "summary judgement"? What & where do I find this?

Can I file a motion for contempt for the second defendant for simply not attending hearings/conferences, etc that are court ordered?

I am trying to determine which offense is a direct vs indirect contempt.

Ultimately I would like a bench warrant issued as the defendant/s is in hiding now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">