• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case for a counter-suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tricycle99

Hi, I have a question regarding lost wages due to the actions of another. I have been recently sued by a ex-roomate for money owed for living expenses, utilities, etc. I take full ownership of the debt and always maintained that I would resolve this as soon as I had the means to do so. Where the situation gets sticky is... The ex-roomie recently contacted my employer (which I specifically warned against) and spoke about the situation which caused me to be removed from an assignment due to concerns that the legal issues would interfere with job obligations. In turn, I lost approx. 12-15k in wages which far outweighs the debt (3.5k). I had always wanted to resolve this civilly but I would like to know what my options are, especially since ex-roomie has now decided to make things personal. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

There's a possibility that you may have an action for some type of privacy breach, depending on the circumstances.

You should speak with an attorney if you're interested in pursuing the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">