• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmchugh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware
I've been married for 22 years to my husband and we have 3 minor children. 8 years ago my husband had a one night stand on a business trip and got a woman pregnant. At the time we were living in SC and this was after my 3 children were already born. We have been saddled with a $950/month child support payment since.

Do I have a civil claim against this woman for the financial pain and suffering my children and I have had to bear since this act?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware
I've been married for 22 years to my husband and we have 3 minor children. 8 years ago my husband had a one night stand on a business trip and got a woman pregnant. At the time we were living in SC and this was after my 3 children were already born. We have been saddled with a $950/month child support payment since.

Do I have a civil claim against this woman for the financial pain and suffering my children and I have had to bear since this act?
YOU do not have a child support payment. Your husband does. You chose to stay with him after he cheated on you. The only person you should be upset with is your husband. He's the one who cheated. The other woman had made no promises to you.

CourtClerk

A claim against the WOMAN? Your HUSBAND had a moral and legal committment to you. He's the one you would have a claim against if there was a claim... but you decided to stay, so suck it up and watch your husband pay support for at least the next 11 years.

As stated, WE haven't been saddled with a $950/mo child support payment, your husband has. Bet he knows now that it would have been cheaper to keep it in his pants. Oh, and this wasn't his first affair, either. This was the time he just happened to get caught (be glad he only brought home a baby, it could have been HIV).

Rexlan

That really is a pretty lame question. There is no free lunch for the actions of your morally bankrupt husband.

Why not divorce him and get in on the checks yourself?

Antigone*

OMG you guys!!! You are all so close-minded!! Think out of the box people!!!

OP if you are in a suing mood, well honey just knock youself out. Just one thing though. Please make sure you sue the right party. That would be your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">