• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to fly to another state if subpeonaed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mc435

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
I live in Washington. The subpeona is for a case in Massachusetts.

I am the spiritual teacher for a woman getting divorced. Her soon-to-be ex-husband has sent me and my co-priest subpeonas saying we must appear in court in December with a whole stack of subpeonad documents. Must we go? Who pays our airfare? What are our rights?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mc435 said:

I am the spiritual teacher for a woman getting divorced. Her soon-to-be ex-husband has sent me and my co-priest subpeonas saying we must appear in court in December with a whole stack of subpeonad documents. Must we go? Who pays our airfare? What are our rights?

My response:

What is the name of the court? State Court? Federal Court?

IAAL

stevek3

mc435 said:

"New Age and the Grateful Dead Meet the Kennedys." The screenplay is popping into my head at this very moment.

badapple40

What caption is on the subpoena? Is this a situation with a letter rogatory (e.g. you take your subpoena from one state to another and have them order your appearance)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">