• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i need to respond to threats of lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honestconfusion

What is the name of your state?CA

Being accused of infecting a past partner with infectious disease. Was completely honest about my sexual history with said accuser. She willingly chose after this to have relations with me... which was new since most others run for the hills.

Letter mentions if no contact is made a lawsuit will be filed.

I have nothing to hide and I'm willing to contact this attorney but some friends and lawyers telling me to ignore because it comes down to he said she said. I just want to do the right thing.

I thought that being honesty was the best policy was i wrong?

BelizeBreeze

Take the letter to an attorney and ask their advice. At this point she can file criminal charges or sue for damages based on your post. However, since you put no facts on which to make a determination, how far she would get can only be guessed at.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">