• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lshep8494

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

How long does a seller have to take funds from your account after being approved and item sent out? I purchased an item on ebay in Oct 07, and after being approved and item was shipped, the seller informs me 8 months later he never followed through with taking the funds from bank. Now 8 months later wants the 1500.00. Isnt this a little late and entirely his fault?

JETX

How long does a seller have to take funds from your account after being approved and item sent out? I purchased an item on ebay in Oct 07, and after being approved and item was shipped, the seller informs me 8 months later he never followed through with taking the funds from bank. Now 8 months later wants the 1500.00. Isnt this a little late and entirely his fault?
I don't understand how the seller (apparently) shipped to you without having received payment. Are you saying you sent him a check and he didn't cash it?? How EXACTLY did he not "follow through with taking the funds"??

In any case, you have a valid contract. He has performed his part (shipping you the item). You have not performed yours. The seller has the legal right to pursue payment until the SOL expires on the transaction. If this is subject to YOUR state SOL, he has 3 years from the date of the transaction to file a lawsuit against you to recover his money.

mmmagique

I'm assuming this is through paypal, where, the buyer sends the funds, and the seller is supposed to claim them.

This is probably a seller who sells a lot and overlooked yours.

Did paypal refund the money to you? If so, you owe him the cash. You have the merchandise. What would you expect to be done had you made a silly mistake like this?

~Christina

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I'm assuming this is through paypal, where, the buyer sends the funds, and the seller is supposed to claim them.

This is probably a seller who sells a lot and overlooked yours.

Did paypal refund the money to you? If so, you owe him the cash. You have the merchandise. What would you expect to be done had you made a silly mistake like this?

~Christina
When I've sold things on eBay and accepted PayPal, I never had to 'claim' my payment. It was credited to my PayPal account and I shipped the item. :rolleyes:

mmmagique

Yes, it is credited to your paypal account, but unless you have a paypal debit card, have it transferred to your bank account, or "spend" it by using paypal to pay for something, the money just sits there.

I'm wondering how long it sits there before paybay does something with it?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Yes, it is credited to your paypal account, but unless you have a paypal debit card, have it transferred to your bank account, or "spend" it by using paypal to pay for something, the money just sits there.

I'm wondering how long it sits there before paybay does something with it?
Forever. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">