• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

embezzlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amfine

MA
My daughter has been served in a civil litigation that states she has embezzled $200,000 of company's funds while working there. She used a company charge card to do this. She ignored the summons and now has a lien on her home. I am concerned because she has a 7 year old son. Right now this is a civil suit. What do we need to do to protect my grandson? What steps does my daughter need to take? She has no cash on hand to settle. Also, I believe she has a serious addiction to money.

Antigone*

MA
My daughter has been served in a civil litigation that states she has embezzled $200,000 of company's funds while working there. She used a company charge card to do this. She ignored the summons and now has a lien on her home. I am concerned because she has a 7 year old son. Right now this is a civil suit. What do we need to do to protect my grandson? What steps does my daughter need to take? She has no cash on hand to settle. Also, I believe she has a serious addiction to money.
You might want to get ready to take your grandson into your home. Did she get arrested? For that large an amount I'm surprised she hasn't been already.

cyjeff

I give your daughter a 90% chance of spending some or all of the next 5 years in prison.

You cannot steal $200K and avoid it.

I recommend you explore guardianship.... and might want to figure out what to tell him when he can only see mommy through wireglass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">