• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

embezzlement problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aubum

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I got caught up in a nasty embezzlement problem concerning my wife. here place of employment accused her of taking a certain amount of cash. When I found out, needless to say, we got divorced and put our house on the market to be sold.

In the mean time, the attorney for my ex-wifes employer attached the money from the sale in a civil court and had our money placed in a court trust and then made me a party to their case as a accomplis because I sought and got a divorce.

They got half of the money for my ex-wifes embezzlement and then they filed charges in state court and want her sent to prison. The money they got from civil court more then covers the amount taken and if she gets jail time is questionable.

Here's my problem, they still have my part of the money tied up in the civil action and they accuse me of being a party to her embezzlement scheme and have since accused me of many things in which I countered with a slander suit.

They continue to do discovery work against me and want me to do a deposition even though she has told the police and judges in both matters that I had no knowledge of what happened.

The court continues to hold my share of the proceeds from the sale of our house, the attorney form her employer continues to slander and accuse me of being an accessorie to the thief.

It's been almost a year now and still no resolve to this matter. I think that their just harrassing and punishing me for the simple fact that I divorced her during this proceeding.

I've never seen this problem posted before, but I'm sure it's happened to others.

here's the question, how can they hold my portion of the proceeds from the sale of my house and continue to accuse me of being involved in something I had no knowledge of?

Do I stand a chance or is all lost to the people who want to punish me for being married to her?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">