• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nsafford

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I believe I have a civil issue with my former employer that fringes on illegality that could potentially be settled. This issue is, that they have taken a picture of myself and posted it onto their website without my verbal or written permission. I didn't have a problem with this until I was let go and now find it embarrassing and insulting.

Please let me know if I have a case here.

Some Random Guy

There is nothing illegal or unethical about having your picture on a web site when you gave your permission to have it there originally. The employer is not bound to revamp their website everytime their headcount changes.

The website just contains your picture, correct? It doesn't also contain any testimonalis from you like, "Company X has the best products ever!"

There is nothing to be embarrased or insulted about remaining on the site. If your picture is still there a year from now, just laugh at how outdated their site is getting and move on with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">