• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction citation Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PEANUT3010

We received an eviction notice on May 28th because we are behind with our rent. I do understand the landlord and we are not complaining. We told him that we are trying to come up with the money by asking family to borrow us the money and would even pay him the rent then all the way until the end of the lease at once and if we wouldn't be able to come up with the rent we'd be out of the house latest on Sunday, but he told us that he would go to court on Tuesday (which he did) and file for eviction.

Now it looks like that we won't be able to come up with the money, because it would take my parents longer than today to get their money send to us because it is connected to savings accounts and stuff like that that would require cancelling and so we are already preparing to get out of the house on Sunday.

Today we received the citation from the constable to be ordered in front of the court on June 14th.

Would we still have to appear in front of the judge on the set court date (June 14th)? Even if we are already out? In the citation it also says that he is suing for the one and a half months rent.

How will the process go from there on now that we are going to move out?

We wouldn't be able to appeal it anyway because the landlord has all the rights to get us out I just wished that he would have given us those six more days to come up with the rent and taken us by the word that we'll be out if we can't pay!

Thanks for your advice,
Peanut3010

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">