• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex girlfriend filed false report of DV with zero proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JL90

TACOMA, WA. On March 7th, I had a vengeful ex girlfriend file a false domestic violence report on me. The report was full of untrue accusations with NO evidence to support any of it whatsoever. She said all of the proof was in her text messages but then conveniently "lost her phone" before trial. I presented our texts to the judge and within minutes had won the case. The judge even said she had no right to make a no contact order because she had zero evidence and our texts proved my innocence. I can provide the text evidence as I have all of our correspondence saved to my phone. We worked together and I lost my job over this as well as my reputation. She told everybody at work I was "bi-polar" including the judge who cautioned her that was a dangerous statement to make with no medical evidence. She had ZERO evidence to bring to the court about any accusation that was made! I no longer have a job and can't afford an attorney. Do I have a case for slander or libel? What about filing a false report? If anything can I get this accusation cleared from my record?

Paul84

TACOMA, WA. On March 7th, I had a vengeful ex girlfriend file a false domestic violence report on me. The report was full of untrue accusations with NO evidence to support any of it whatsoever. She said all of the proof was in her text messages but then conveniently "lost her phone" before trial. I presented our texts to the judge and within minutes had won the case. The judge even said she had no right to make a no contact order because she had zero evidence and our texts proved my innocence. I can provide the text evidence as I have all of our correspondence saved to my phone. We worked together and I lost my job over this as well as my reputation. She told everybody at work I was "bi-polar" including the judge who cautioned her that was a dangerous statement to make with no medical evidence. She had ZERO evidence to bring to the court about any accusation that was made! I no longer have a job and can't afford an attorney. Do I have a case for slander or libel? What about filing a false report? If anything can I get this accusation cleared from my record?
Sounds like malicious prosecution, which is actionable as a tort. I'm not a lawyer, but I think judicial proceedings have absolute privilege with regard to slander or libel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">