• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Parte Stalking Temporary Protective Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gagirl1123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

OK....long story, but short version: I dated a guy for 3 years and 8 months. We recently broke up in May. We were still on friendly terms and talking fairly often. The new girl he was dating did not like it that we were still friendly. He did not like it that I was dating someone else, although he was. There were several instances where he rode by my condominium. He even sent text messages saying things like he was sitting and watching me at the pool with my new bf. He came through a gate on my patio when I was not home and looked through the window to see my son was home and coaxed him into coming to the door. He then had him call me to get me to talk to him because he was texting me and I was not answering. I went to the local Police precinct and made a report. The office said it was aggrevated stalking and that a detective would call me in several days. By the time the detective called it had been approximately 5 days. The ex bf had not bothered me and we were actually on friendly terms again, so I did not want to pursue anything that could hurt him.

So....now we got into an argument this past weekend and I called him many times until he answered. He had told me two days prior that he and the gf had broken up and I had seen him the next day and we were intimate. I had reason to believe that we may be getting back together. All calls prior to the day of the argument were equal back and forth to each other, including texts. The day of the argument, I also tried to call his ex gf. She had sent an email to someone else saying bad things about me. Anyway, the ex bf called the police and they got on the phone and told me not to call him. They said it was harassing communications. I have not bothered him since. On yesterday, which was 3 days after speaking with the officer on the phone, I was served with this Ex parte stalking tpo. He is alleging that I have called him 30 times per day, been riding by his house (I was at his house this past Friday with him), talking about him badly to his family (I haven't spoken to his family since May), contacted him without his consent to harass and intimidate, that I threatened to go to the new gf's residence (I do not even know where she lives).....

What should I do about going to court? I can show that he has called me equally and that he even called me the next day after the police told me not to talk to him anymore. I am a school teacher. I have no criminal record and I am not threatening in anyway. I believe he is doing this for vengeance because I told the officer on the phone that I had filed a complaint two weeks prior for aggrevated stalking.

Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">