• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-wife owes for medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kristi123

What is the name of your state?Texas.
I have a question, what can we do about an ex-wife that owes us for half of medical bills. It is in the divorce decree that she will pay half, and we pay half. The ex-wife will not pay her half. We have called and tried to get her to pay us $10.00 a week till they are paid. She refused to pay. I have all copies of bills that we have paid. Some have gone on to collection because she said she would pay them and has not. What can we do to get the money back from her.

Thank You
Kristi

djohnson

You can file contempt charges against her. Chances are it will take many of these before something can actually be done.

Kristi123

Thank You for your reply. We have contacted an attorney in our town. He does not seem to want to do anything about it. I have given him all the papers and reciepts. He has had them for about 2 months now. I was just wondering if I could do something on my own with out an attorney.

Thank You
Kristi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">