• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

execute levy on property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yahdieprincess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I had a that was picked up for non payment in 1997 and a judgement was held against me on february 11, 1999. I since then acquired another veh that was purchased and given to me as a gift. A sheriff showed up at my house this morning with a paper to execute levy and my now owned veh from the attorney the previous plaintiff. Since I did not know my legal rights I handed over my veh to the tow company. I would like to know if this is legal and what recourse do I have to get my veh back that I have the title for.

yahdieprincess

I had a veh that was picked up for non payment in 1997 and a judgement was held against me on february 11, 1999. I since then acquired another veh that was purchased and given to me as a gift. A sheriff showed up at my house this morning with a paper to execute levy on my now owned veh from the attorney of the previous plaintiff. Since I did not know my legal rights I handed over my veh to the tow company. I would like to know if this is legal and what recourse do I have to get my veh back that I have the title for.

Rexlan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I had a that was picked up for non payment in 1997 and a judgement was held against me on february 11, 1999. I since then acquired another veh that was purchased and given to me as a gift. A sheriff showed up at my house this morning with a paper to execute levy and my now owned veh from the attorney the previous plaintiff. Since I did not know my legal rights I handed over my veh to the tow company. I would like to know if this is legal and what recourse do I have to get my veh back that I have the title for.

Paying the judgment should get you your property back.

HomeGuru

I had a veh that was picked up for non payment in 1997 and a judgement was held against me on february 11, 1999. I since then acquired another veh that was purchased and given to me as a gift. A sheriff showed up at my house this morning with a paper to execute levy on my now owned veh from the attorney of the previous plaintiff. Since I did not know my legal rights I handed over my veh to the tow company. I would like to know if this is legal and what recourse do I have to get my veh back that I have the title for.
**A: it appears to be legal if the levy was on any and all assets you own.

racer72

Florida has a $1000 exemption for personal property. If the car is worth more, kiss it good bye. If it's worth less, you need to file for the exemption with the court that granted the judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">