• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion civil and criminal case at the same time possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

werner69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I posted it in the wrong forum so I post it here again:

I got sued by a guy who worked for me telling I promised him to give him 20% of everything I own....

Of course there is no proof but as we all know the lawyers want to make money and delay the whole case so that they get something at the end.

The case has started but I have some questions as my Lawyers always tell me different things I do not believe.

1) Can I make a complaint against the lawyer as he sent me a threatening letter saying he would make it a public legal case were everybody would be in trouble.

2) The guy who is suing me did criminal things like losing a lot of money in trading penny stocks without my knowing. Also it seems that he was banned already in 2004 for lifetime from trading.
Can I forward all the criminal issues directly to the prosecutor even the civil case has just started? My lawyer always tells me I have to wait. I don´t know why I should wait as the criminal issues have nothing to do with the civil case.

I know that the lawyer just wants to delay and make it a big case so that they can charge a lot but I would rather have the prosecutor work for me.....

Thank you for your answers

tranquility

Trials are public. The lawyer did not make a threat that would amount to extortion.

There is no inherent reason why you can't submit your information to the police. However, a criminal trial may put your civil trial on hold. You should ask your attorney WHY he recommends you don't turn the information to the police. Make him explain. I would not rely or think the prosecutor will help your case in any way at this point. (Assuming a case is even taken up.)

werner69

Trials are public. The lawyer did not make a threat that would amount to extortion.

There is no inherent reason why you can't submit your information to the police. However, a criminal trial may put your civil trial on hold. You should ask your attorney WHY he recommends you don't turn the information to the police. Make him explain. I would not rely or think the prosecutor will help your case in any way at this point. (Assuming a case is even taken up.)
Thank you for your quick answer.

I also posted dublicate in this forum.... Sorry for that

https://forum.freeadvice.com/legal-ethics-lawyer-malpractice-89/extortion-ethic-letter-lawyer-597412.html

About the criminal aspect: The guy lost a lot of money in trading with my stock also I told him only to trade low risk stocks but he was trading Penny stocks. Later I even found out that he was banned since 2004 for lifetime. The Bank called me and told me.

According to the lawyer: He realle sent a a very rude and threatening letter before the case started....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">