• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eyeglass Lenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssjewett

i was just told that when i go to get new glasses for my granddaughter i better be prepared to pay a lot more money because there is a law either state or federal that says the lenses for glasses to be made for any child under the age of 18 has to be made of shatter-proof glass. not scratch-proof, but shatter-proof. Is there really such a law? also, i thought that child glasses were made out of durable plastic. I live in michigan and have never heard of such a law

X

Xjudge

The lens's for childrens glasses are required to be made out a polycarbonate material. They are scratch and shatterproof. I tend to be rough with my glasses and the polycarbonate lens' have been a god send. Plus they are very lightweight to boot. Shop around, I pay only $35 extra for them and it is well worth the extra expense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">