• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False civil law suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nenec64

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. I am being sued for an alleged assault and battery. This part of my life NEVER happened. This guy I used to work with is falsely suing me for assault and battery. Ghost assault supposedly happened at work. His attempts at getting me fired all failed including, this alleged assault, no witness in police report, no injuries. Never reported to unit manager, house manager, no police contact with me until close to 4 weeks later. This all supposedly took place last year, statute of limitations was close to running out after I read the court papers. I have no money, no job, disabled as of right now, so no way to even THINK of hiring one a lawyer. I'm in need of one so I won't go into court proceedings blind. This guy is mentally ill obviously. This didn't go the way he wanted and went too far now with the police report, somewhere in his twisted mind, he smoldered on this in his head, got more upset because he wasn't the one to dethrone me in the manner he thought fit to his liking. Why he waited over a year and half if what he's now claiming, injuries to the ankle and shoulder(which ones?) were not taken care of back then? He worked days, weeks and months there after, no management approached me about said incident, I was never disciplined or talked to about alleged incident and this out of nowhere witness was never mentioned in the false police report, but poof, they miraculously appear. I don't want to walk into court proceedings and get blindsided on any issues. I also want to counter sue for defamation of character, slander, filing a false police report and any other damages under the law. I'm in serious need of a pro bono lawyer. Anyone, any help will be greatly appreciated. :mad:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. I am being sued for an alleged assault and battery. This part of my life NEVER happened. This guy I used to work with is falsely suing me for assault and battery. Ghost assault supposedly happened at work. His attempts at getting me fired all failed including, this alleged assault, no witness in police report, no injuries. Never reported to unit manager, house manager, no police contact with me until close to 4 weeks later. This all supposedly took place last year, statute of limitations was close to running out after I read the court papers. I have no money, no job, disabled as of right now, so no way to even THINK of hiring one a lawyer. I'm in need of one so I won't go into court proceedings blind. This guy is mentally ill obviously. This didn't go the way he wanted and went too far now with the police report, somewhere in his twisted mind, he smoldered on this in his head, got more upset because he wasn't the one to dethrone me in the manner he thought fit to his liking. Why he waited over a year and half if what he's now claiming, injuries to the ankle and shoulder(which ones?) were not taken care of back then? He worked days, weeks and months there after, no management approached me about said incident, I was never disciplined or talked to about alleged incident and this out of nowhere witness was never mentioned in the false police report, but poof, they miraculously appear. I don't want to walk into court proceedings and get blindsided on any issues. I also want to counter sue for defamation of character, slander, filing a false police report and any other damages under the law. I'm in serious need of a pro bono lawyer. Anyone, any help will be greatly appreciated. :mad:

Forget defamation. You can't afford it, and it won't get you anywhere.

Outside of that, here's a link to the Bar Association lawyer referral page: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS.aspx

LdiJ

Are you being sued or is this a criminal case? It is one or the other. If you are being sued, what is he asking for?

CdwJava

If the statute of limitations was about to run out at the one year mark, that might indicate a criminal report. The SOL for a civil claim of injury is TWO years.

If this is a criminal matter, you may be eligible for an attorney appointed by the court. *IF* the matter were to be filed by the DA at all.

If this is a criminal matter, yeah, you may want to contact the CA Bar Association for a referral. Have you been served with any kind of notice of the lawsuit, yet? Or, is this all a rumor at this point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">