• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false imprisonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessica c

Tx. My ex girlfriend had been kicked out of two relative's home and was living in her car. I felt sorry for her & had given her a temporary place to stay. During to stay she attacked me. Bit me leaving very visual bite marks. I called the local police to MY apartment to file charges & have her removed from my residence. The police took 14 pictures of my injuries at the scene. Ask if I would be willing to stay elsewhere since she had NO place to go. I agreed. But the department sargent stepped in to question she & I. At which time she stated that I had pinned her in her chair(wheelchair), pulled her hair & chocked her.
I'm the one who called the police. To my apartment I'm the one who had bite marks & scratches on my face( still have all the pictures). But because the city had recently received bad media about how they handled demostic issuses. And she was in a wheelchair & lies about the attack. They took ME to jail. It cost me$1025 in Bail bonds (checking in with them twice a week once on phone & once in person),$260 for angry management classes$20 a week for 12 weeks. The case was dismissed against me when I showed prove that I had taken the court ordered classes. My question is... Do I have the right to sue her for the money I'm out & for pain and suffering.

Proserpina

Tx. My ex girlfriend had been kicked out of two relative's home and was living in her car. I felt sorry for her & had given her a temporary place to stay. During to stay she attacked me. Bit me leaving very visual bite marks. I called the local police to MY apartment to file charges & have her removed from my residence. The police took 14 pictures of my injuries at the scene. Ask if I would be willing to stay elsewhere since she had NO place to go. I agreed. But the department sargent stepped in to question she & I. At which time she stated that I had pinned her in her chair(wheelchair), pulled her hair & chocked her.
I'm the one who called the police. To my apartment I'm the one who had bite marks & scratches on my face( still have all the pictures). But because the city had recently received bad media about how they handled demostic issuses. And she was in a wheelchair & lies about the attack. They took ME to jail. It cost me$1025 in Bail bonds (checking in with them twice a week once on phone & once in person),$260 for angry management classes$20 a week for 12 weeks. The case was dismissed against me when I showed prove that I had taken the court ordered classes. My question is... Do I have the right to sue her for the money I'm out & for pain and suffering.
What makes you think you can sue her for anything at all? Do you think she's going to admit that she was lying? No, she won't do that.

You'd be throwing even more money away. Move on and forget her. Not doing anything at all sends a message that is far more meaningful than trying to pursue a lawsuit (which shows her that you're still thinking about her constantly).

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">