• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Pretense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CKW

What is the name of your state? Florida
My son purchased a car while living with his girlfriend. The car was put in her name at the dealership because my son did not have a driver's license at the time of purchase. Later his girlfriend
signed the title over to him but he did not have the $ to get it changed officially. They split up and she went to the clerk of courts stating that she had lost the original title and received a new one. What are your recommendations? She is threatening to sell the title. Do people actually buy titles without seeing the car? She does not know where the car is being stored. My son has the original title with both of their names. She signed the title over in front of witnessess. Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">