• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused of stealing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gonnasuesum1

What is the name of your state? Texas

Roughly six months ago I was in a grocery store and bought a drink. I was followed outside by a police officer, who asked me where I got the drink. I had just opened the beverage and had the receipt for it in my hand. To make a long story short, I was written a ticket for stealing even though the tapes didn't show me stealing anything, and banned from the store by the store managers (who I might add, were very rude and most unhelpful).

I still have the evidence (the receipt) and have a court date coming up. I know this will be dismissed immediately.

What I want to know is, what can be done after I get this thrown out (or the not guilty verdict should this go to trial)? Because of this I haven't been able to pursue decent employment, I am in financial straits, and I'm having to shell out money for lawyer fees. This has seriously screwed with my life and I am looking to sue the crap out of the people who did this. What procedures should I take?

Breana

Sue the hell out of them its BS

When i was 16 i had the same thing happen to me but it was at the mall in seattle, i had bought a new camera from one of the stores and went out to my moms car put it in the trunk and this guy was following me all day since i walked in and my friend called me asked me to join her in shopping so i went back in and was trying on cloths with her when this ass hole jumped me said i was under arrest even frisked me cops showed up he claimed i was stealing stuff all day acting malice. i was arrested and my mom and dad found out and freaked!

My dad is a district judge and has no patience for ppl like that. she got the receipt from the bag the charges were dropped once they realized i had purchased everything and it did not show me on tape doing anything wrong and she sued the mall for sexual harassment/profiling and the guy frisking me he was like 30 something had a record rape they did not know about and we got 50,000 in damages he went to jail for 3 years.

Last year in downtown my little sister was stopped by a mini mart owner chinese claimed she stole a candy bar from there called the cops, it was sticking out of her backpack come on if she is going to steal it wouldent she hide it? she ended up going to court judge could not even under stand the dam owner bad english where it was dropped because she had proof she bought it from school, receipt still in her pocket but the cops would not listen to her like she was a dam cereal killer or something!
The judge actually told the cop i am letting your captain know he needs to reprimand you for not following procedures and wasting my time! Fined the store owner 500 dollars for filing a false report with lack of evidence but what's really funny is he put her name on a list in his store banning her for life saying he got gipped and she is a criminal...
So mom sued him for slander 2 weeks later and he got his business shut down lmao...

I would defiantly go after these ppl because if they get away with falsely accessing you next time it's be even worse because they'll have you by the balls having a record doing it before...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">