• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Disability discrimination now in Civil Court-Q2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robin Souers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. Forum is U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia.
This is timely filed disability discrimination claim arising in civil court after exhausting administrative processes (EEOC/MSPB). I am revising initial statement of claim(s) and have not yet served on defendent (U.S. Army). I have roughly until the end of this month (Jan) to serve complaint.
I requested attorney from the court, but request was denied. I have many questions and I really need help. I will post questions separately under same titled thread.
2. Along with the initial complaint, I have about five other solid claims that I wish to raise through joinder (Privacy Act/administrative procedures act violation, FMLA violation, prohibited personnel practice, invalid contract, violation of administrative grievance process). The "head of the agency" is, I think, the sole respondent for most of these. However, I believe that the director of OPM is "equally responsible" for at least one of these areas, and there may be other parties that I need to name as well. Is this an example of joinder of parties, and what is the proper form for including these other parties who may be party to only one of the joined claims in the captioning of my complaint? How can I be sure that I have properly identified and named all the necessary parties?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">