• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

flood damage and black mold in apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackd1023

i need some advice please

What is the name of your state?il

myself and my fiancee have been living in an apartment for four years , as of May of 2004 our closet and master bedroom has been flooding. I have been in contact with our landlord on multiple occasions, we even left for a week in July so they could come in and repair the wall or floor ( the problem). While we were gone they told us they repaired the wall from the outside. In August we flooded again loosing numerous items including dressers, clothes, computer, misc items. We recontacted management they said it was a lack of communication on their part and nothing was ever resolved. they sent out a carpet cleaning service , the service man laughed at all the mold in the padding, carpet and walls. He said all carpet needed to be replaced, and the wall needed to be replaced because of black mold infestation. I am personally fighting cancer and cannot be around these conditions so the whole room has been uninhabitable for me. The complex did say they would repair and would compensate one month worth of rent for our " troubles". I was also told by the manager that "We choose to live here" we are under a lease and I am fighting cancer I cannot handle a move at this time.. someone please help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">