• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forged summons false judgement wrong address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

epoore

Ohio, I recently found out while applying for and apartment that I had a pending case against me.After looking it up mystery found out I have a default judgment for amount of 20,000 to my surprise I checked it said I was summoned to court and signed papers.So I thought to look at this summons it was to an address I haven't lived at for 8 yrs.I also noticed they had wrong apartment letter of summons it was a next door neighbors address and crosses out the real letter of address and wrote in my old neighbors letter.Now to the signature that I didn't sign says my name but I didn't sign anything looks like a copy from an old court case or forged by hand due to similar crossing I do with certain letter in my name.Iam shocked at this I called lawyer of person sueing me told them it was invalid summons ask to be re summoned.Told to get a lawyer and demanded that I did sign it.I did get legal advice and was told to get a rule 60 but I don't have money for this trying to move but now can't get a place with this going on.have a default judgment on something that I could have simply answered and won against uggggg need help what to do ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
First - don't talk to the "enemy" for advice.

Second - you need to find a way to get an attorney involved.

Silverplum

Thirdly, please post one thread in one section: everyone sees you, no need to ask the same question all over the place. Thank you. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">