• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forms to file in conjunction with trial brief? (Calif.)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hategent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am to file a trial brief no less than 5 court days before my child custody hearing. I am representing myself and I've already finished my trial brief. But I'm having trouble finding out if and what form(s) need to be submitted with my brief. Everything else I've submitted to the court thus far had a form I had to fill out, even if I had already typed up a document (Like an attachment to my OSC, for example).

I am filing in the Los Angeles Superior Court, FYI. Thanks to any and all help!

CourtClerk

There is no form to file with a trial brief. They are stand alone documents.

Just make sure it is in its proper format.

hategent

Re:

Thank you for the info! I plan on checking out the open cases at the courthouse before I file to double-check on format, etc.

Thanks again :)

tranquility

The local rules should help you with the formatting. Microsoft has a template for Word which can create a legal pleading. But, you will have to input information from the local rules to make it right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">