• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it fraud?...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Itzshowtyme

What is the name of your state? louisiana

i am currently in litigation with a contractor for fire restoration work he did on my home...problem is he charged me for thousands of dollars of things he did not do and is suing me for the insurance money...he has not been paid as of yet...however in obtaining documents from him through my lawyer i found receipts for expenses he charged to my account for things i had no knowledge of...i was told this was not considered fraud until and unless he had been paid for the job...my question is this: should i settle with him out of court and then press charges for fraud? or in doing that i will be consenting to his illegal activities?

any help would be appreciated...

S

seniorjudge

Itzshowtyme said:
i guess nobody knows the answer to this right? or any opinions or thoughts?
Civil litigation has nothing to do with criminal charges.

If you think he has committed a crime, turn him over to the cops.

"...i was told this was not considered fraud until and unless he had been paid for the job..."

If your lawyer told you that this guy going to a store and charging to you stuff that he did not use on your job is not fraud, then you should fire the lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">