• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud- paid for an item and never received it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Ballerwawa82G

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I bought a cd player for my car off of eBay for $360, which was a great price because its actual retail cost is about $700. Before I started to bid for this item I asked the seller if he still had it and if it was in a good condition, which he confirmed.
I won the auction and proceed send him a money order (that was type of payment that he'd accept). I sent it nextday service and got a confirmation of delivery on the package that I check on the interent to make sure he got it. I waited a couple of days and never received a notification of delivery from this guy. I sent e-mail after e-mail with no response. I asked him when he was going to ship it, if not he should send my money back and even threatened to take him to court (which I haven't done yet).
I tell eBay what happened and requested his contact information. It turned out that he gave them a completely different name, address and phone number then what he gave me
I then proceeded to save every e-mail I every got from and sent to him; I got USPS to send me a copy of the delivery confirmation which has his signature on it proving that he received the money order; I even printed out a copy of the eBay auction ad and then I filed a claim with eBay.

I haven't gotten anywhere with eBay so far (its been 4 months) and I'd like to sue him. My dad offered to get me an attourney because I cant' afford one but i first want to know if I can even sue the guy. He lives in Wisconsin and I'm in New Jersey. What can I do to get this guy for stealing my money.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

**** Before posting a question, please check the Questions and Answers listed on the Home Page to see if your question was already covered
or easily search over 410,000 previously posted questions and answers. ****

See at top of page, and start searching.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">