• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

free advise forum - will my post be used against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pokerman11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I've always wondered about posting on this forum. Anybody ever had anythign they said on this forum be used against them in court?

I know not to say details and specifics, but when civil suites are pending it seems like you can't talk to anybody. Should we avoid forums like this also or assume everthing we say here may be used against us?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I've always wondered about posting on this forum. Anybody ever had anythign they said on this forum be used against them in court?

I know not to say details and specifics, but when civil suites are pending it seems like you can't talk to anybody. Should we avoid forums like this also or assume everthing we say here may be used against us?
You have the right to remain silent...:p just kidding.

I certainly wouldn't go admitting to any crimes. Ask questions - get answers.

I actually meant I was curious about the OP's predicament. I was the one that posted about IAAL. I googled it and it was fascinating!! Sorry for the confusion!

Pokerman11

Oh no nothing I've done, it's all civil related. Nothing offical has happend yet, and lawers on in the rolodex, but just more curious than anything right now. I like researching things a lot on the net and law at times is quite interesting. I also dabble at being a fiction story writer. Some of the best stories start with fact and then you tweek them to create an interesting story.

I did google IAAL found some stuff about bike gangs, but not sure what you ment.

I asked the original question as I assume all statements here are open and free to use and not considered protected (under client/cousel).

Let me give an example. Party A and Party B aggree to do X. Then they get into a dispute about what X is.

Party A askes a question on this forum about his interpertation of X on this form, and then Party B uses that statement in the case about Party A.

I was just wondering if has happened here that much or common?

-Poker

Pokerman11

Okay I found the IAAL -

"FreeAdvice.com Announces Court Sanctions Unknown Abusive User IAAL and His Attorney "

Wow that's interesting stuff. See now this is much better than sitting around watching TV. This is great stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">