• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General Procedure Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gstar

Hello an ex employer has lodged a general procedure claim against me on January 2012; I was under the impression that they must serve me the paper within 6 months of lodging the claim. I was officially served the papers on August 2012 seven months after lodgement. Any way I attended the pre trail conference on December 2012 where they were told to lodge and serve a Statement of defence of general procedure claim within 28 days. I have phoned the court and they have confirmed that the form has been lodged, but they have failed to serve me with the forms or provide proof to the court that I have been served, Can I have this case thrown out on the basis that they have failed to serve me in the timeframe on 2 occasions & what do I need to do ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">