• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girl lied about her age - criminal charges were filed. Can I sue for damages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J

jbsmith

curtisd -

No, the friend was not charged (or even implicated). He was 17 at the time, however, so I'm not sure that he was subject to the same penalties as my husband.

S

streiteben

Dating.

Yes it would be interesting to know more of the 'facts', as the girls actual age, although that would matter little as to the letter of the law.

I would wonder if, this 19 yr old man, had beend dating her and had been 'a guest' of the family. If he were visiting the girl at her home, say for sunday dinners e.g., where by he could show that her family had been aware, and encouraging to a relationship. could he not claim he had the parents' concent to a relationship?

It would 'show' the court that he took 'resonable care' to find out if the girl were honest of her age, and show diseption on the part of the parents as well, if not showing the parents were sanctioning the relationship; which may open up another legal issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">