• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going for expunction. What do i need to say and what supporting docs needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am going Pro-Se on an expunction case, that i filed. My hearing is set for 3rd week of feb. I am wanting to know, what to say to judge, when i get there? Do i also need to take some supporting documents with me? What would help me getting this criminal records expunged?

Any help will be highly appreciated

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am going Pro-Se on an expunction case, that i filed. My hearing is set for 3rd week of feb. I am wanting to know, what to say to judge, when i get there? Do i also need to take some supporting documents with me? What would help me getting this criminal records expunged?

Any help will be highly appreciated

What Section or Sections under Chapter 55 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure are you relying on as the basis of your application? And what records are you asking to have expunged?

What Section or Sections under Chapter 55 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure are you relying on as the basis of your application? And what records are you asking to have expunged?
I dont know the exact section & all. I was arrested for selling alcohol to intoxicated person. No jail time or anything. Paid my bail, took TABC classes and it was dismissed. It was a class B missdemeanor. I am asking to have the arrest records expunged.

latigo

I dont know the exact section & all. I was arrested for selling alcohol to intoxicated person. No jail time or anything. Paid my bail, took TABC classes and it was dismissed. It was a class B missdemeanor. I am asking to have the arrest records expunged.
In that case your ex parte petition would be filed under the provisions of Article 55.01(a)(2) of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure; to-wit:

the person has been released and the charge, if any, has not resulted in a final conviction and is no longer pending and there was no court-ordered community supervision under Article 42.12 for the offense, . . .
Time and space does permit reciting the information that must be set forth in the ex parte petition. It is very detailed. You will need to become thoroughly acquainted with and comply with Section 2 of Article . 55.02. PROCEDURE FOR EXPUNCTION.

In that case your ex parte petition would be filed under the provisions of Article 55.01(a)(2) of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure; to-wit:

Time and space does permit reciting the information that must be set forth in the ex parte petition. It is very detailed. You will need to become thoroughly acquainted with and comply with Section 2 of Article . 55.02. PROCEDURE FOR EXPUNCTION.
Ok, so what do i need to tell the judge when i get there? Read the whole section for him? or request him to just expunge the case since i have been clean for a decade now.

epauley

How did this turn out for you? I am representing myself as well under the same article as you. What did you say to the lawyer when your case was called?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">