• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gold buyer auctioneer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dressdr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My home was robbed and local police arrested a suspect. The suspect sold all my fine jewelry to a gold buyer. The police photographed my stolen jewelry at the gold buyer and orderred them to hold the jewelry for 90days. I identified jewelry in the police photo. The gold buyer disposed of my jewelry in three days. They claim "human error." I would like compensation from the gold buyer. It is too large an amount for small claims court but not valuable enough for me to hire an attorney. what can I do to retrieve my losses?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My home was robbed and local police arrested a suspect. The suspect sold all my fine jewelry to a gold buyer. The police photographed my stolen jewelry at the gold buyer and orderred them to hold the jewelry for 90days. I identified jewelry in the police photo. The gold buyer disposed of my jewelry in three days. They claim "human error." I would like compensation from the gold buyer. It is too large an amount for small claims court but not valuable enough for me to hire an attorney. what can I do to retrieve my losses?
What do the police have to say about this?

You didn't identify the actual business that the "gold buyer" is in. I would suggest that you research whether or not the industry the gold buyer is is requires any sort of bond to be placed in order to be licensed. If so, you may have some recourse there. Otherwise, it's going to need to be through the courts.

John_DFW

Your insurance company has legal representation, make use of them. It is in their best interest to recover from losses when possible and practical.

Others, go to small claims and accept less than the full amount, or retain an attorney and go after the full amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">