• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got Busted for telling the truth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

google34

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

Here is the story me and my friend went to a hockey game he drank to much and passed out. Because i drove him i offered to drive him back, but one of fellow classmates told one of the officers that i had been drinking. So i admitted to drinking thinking i would get off lightly if i told the truth. The officers then asked me where the alcohol was and me trying to lessen my punishment showed all of the officers my car that had open containers of alcohol and a fifth of vodka. I then was issued a summons for possession of alcohol and consumption, the thing is i gave them all the correct information didn't hesitate, stumble when walking, and when the officer asked me what he had just said i told him exactly what he said. Can they do this without any evidence at all for the consuming part? I know i am messed up with the possession because i was the driver. I am a minor and is there anything that i can get away with at all, or have i learned my lesson to never talk to a cop again and tell the truth? They didn't give me a breathalizer or anything as a test so they had no way of telling if i drank or not besides my classmate and the open bottles. I will answer any questions, just want as little of a penalty as possible, never ever have i gotten in trouble with the law at all. I sm taking my punishment in school of four days oss

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

Here is the story me and my friend went to a hockey game he drank to much and passed out. Because i drove him i offered to drive him back, but one of fellow classmates told one of the officers that i had been drinking. So i admitted to drinking thinking i would get off lightly if i told the truth. The officers then asked me where the alcohol was and me trying to lessen my punishment showed all of the officers my car that had open containers of alcohol and a fifth of vodka. I then was issued a summons for possession of alcohol and consumption, the thing is i gave them all the correct information didn't hesitate, stumble when walking, and when the officer asked me what he had just said i told him exactly what he said. Can they do this without any evidence at all for the consuming part? I know i am messed up with the possession because i was the driver. I am a minor and is there anything that i can get away with at all, or have i learned my lesson to never talk to a cop again and tell the truth? They didn't give me a breathalizer or anything as a test so they had no way of telling if i drank or not besides my classmate and the open bottles. I will answer any questions, just want as little of a penalty as possible, never ever have i gotten in trouble with the law at all. I sm taking my punishment in school of four days oss
**A: after reading your post, I need a drink.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">