• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Larceny charge - PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bethy

I've written before about my daughter, but currently:
She has 13 month probation (started in May '08) due to having pot in her car while pulled over for running a stop sign. She was up for "intent" but that could not be proved. She had 2 misdemeanors with this court case.

She was pulled over in July (had to surrender her license as of Aug., due to previous case, but was legal "having" it at this point) for speeding & DUI. They dropped the speeding and she is pleading guilty to the DUI (.083)- sentencing to be Dec. 9th.

Also back in July, she and 2 friends were cited for stealing a $1900 health club sign - I have no idea when it was originally taken (stories range from a few months ago to 2 yrs ago) but it was found in my daughter's room (she does not live w/ me, but rents a room elsewhere) - she claims the 2 others brought it over, they claim she took it, but the hearing is Dec. 8th for this.

I was told the sign stealing (she's pleading not-guilty) will hold a much more severe penalty than the DUI. I feel a mounting snowball, and we (she & I) are both ready for her hearing that she'll have to serve time. I'm not saying she shouldn't, I just want to be more prepared for what to hear.

I know PA is stiff on stolen property and if she's found guilty, can anyone give me a range of what to expect. If she had an otherwise clean slate, I'd be hopeful, but I'm not at this point. My other concern is that she is bi-polar and has a personality disorder in addition to an impulsive disorder (4 suicide attempts) and am concerned if she does serve time, that her meds will not be doled out correctly....and she is on HIGH doses of stuff. If she's medicated correctly, I think she'll deal w/ this decently....otherwise, very bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">