• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassed and Threatened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yollasho

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello all, not sure if this is the correct place to post but I will give it a shot.

Here's my situation-
Some kid believes I stole his iPod. He says his "trustworthy" friends all told him that I did. He would not tell me who these people were. Anyways, he has contacted me via internet and passively threatened me quite a bit, for example-"i'm not one to threaten people, but if i find out you did it or lied to me, i will..." fill in the rest, you get the idea. This is not a direct quote, but paraphrased.

At a party the other night, he showed up, and continued to harass me in person. I simply stated that I was sorry his iPod was lost, but that I did not take it, nor did I know who did, and that I would like him to please stop talking to me, because I had no desire to be friends or acquaintances really.

This seemed to piss him off, as the rest of the night he continuously threatened me with violence multiple times, saying he would "f%&king smash my skull in" and at one point kicked me in the back of the leg while I was standing by a bonfire. I maintained my calm though.

Also, he informed me in an online chat, that he is epileptic and on meds that "make [him] crazy" and that "if [he] went after someone, [he] would kill them."

I'm 21, in college, and hate confrontation like this. Also, my main concern is that this person is very mentally unstable, and my main concern is that he would do something to hurt my girlfriend (who i live with) or her property.

Not sure if there is anything to do about this situation really. I have simply made sure my address is not posted online, and I just try to tell him not to talk to me when I see him. I'm fairly certain he is mentally unstable though.

Yollasho

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, i was looking at TROs and HROs before I decided to post on here. I just can't decide if legal action is warranted yet, as I don't want to seem like a douche, but I guess he probably doesn't deserve for me to be nice any more.

Rexlan

Next time he threatens you face to face bust his ass and that will put an instant end to it. Typically bully stuff and, unfortunately, that is about the only way to deal with it. Logic won't work.

In the alternate, if he has anything in his hand at the time you can have him pinched for brandishing a weapon. Pretty easy to tag him with that since you were obviously very frightened by his action ... That will make a believer out of him when he is done dealing with it.

Yollasho

Next time he threatens you face to face bust his ass and that will put an instant end to it. Typically bully stuff and, unfortunately, that is about the only way to deal with it. Logic won't work.

In the alternate, if he has anything in his hand at the time you can have him pinched for brandishing a weapon. Pretty easy to tag him with that since you were obviously very frightened by his action ... That will make a believer out of him when he is done dealing with it.
You have no idea how much I wanted to punch him sqaure in the side of the head, but i didn't think that seemed like the best option. But yeah, it prolly woulda ended any further problems lol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">