• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saskat1

What is the name of your state? IL

There is a women who is trying to break up my marriage. I have never met her but have received multiple phone calls and text messages from her over the past few months. She is an ex-girlfriend of a male friend of mine and she thinks that he has chosen not to be with her becuase of me. My husband is knows this man and knows all about our friendship and I know he would never believe her lies but our marriage is slightly rocky right now and I do not want her putting any ideas into his head. I was wondering if I placed a phone call to her and asked her not to contact us in any manner in the future if that is enough to tell her that if she continues her calls and messages that I will call the police or file a civil suit (allow I have no idea for what) to get her to stop. Can anyone help me or do I have to just wait her out and hope she leaves us alone.

JETX

saskat1 said:
I was wondering if I placed a phone call to her and asked her not to contact us in any manner in the future if that is enough to tell her that if she continues her calls and messages that I will call the police or file a civil suit (allow I have no idea for what) to get her to stop.
Of course you can call her and tell her anything you want, but that is only going to increase her intent to continue contacting you. The vast majority of these types of situations are an attempt to 'get at you' and your acknowledging her calls and contacts will just let her know that her 'plan' is working. Best to just ignore them and she will eventually give up and move on to other people to annoy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">