• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment/false reporting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motorcycle ride

What is the name of your state? PA

My elderly neighbor calls the police everytime I ride my mototcycle, with the complaint of "noise". The bike is legal with current state inspection. I overheard a conversation betewwn my 2 neighbors @ who would take turns call the police when I ride my bike. I have had several visits from the police concerning the noise, they informe my my bike is legal and the neighbors will "have to live with in". I was still concerned @ the number of call and spoke with my local magistrate who informed me ot just let it ride, the weather is becoming colder and winter might be a cooling off timefor them.
I recently received a cite citation in the mail stating "reckless driving" as reported by my neighbors, and they will attend the hearing. They have no grounds for this, and I have several witnesses in my defense.
Can I file a civil suit against them citing, slander, harassment. false reporting and malicious prosecution?
what do you think my chances of winning this?

motorcycle ride

I was inquiring about information on filing a civil suit. Just wondering if I have grounds to do so, and what if any, are my chances of winning.

sorry if you feel Im wasting your time

Rexlan

I was inquiring about information on filing a civil suit. Just wondering if I have grounds to do so, and what if any, are my chances of winning.

sorry if you feel Im wasting your time
YES & NONE

Small claims for your token damages to go to court and you can get nothing for the big pissed off you have.

motorcycle ride

YEAH
this really is a big bunch of BS!
It just P#**es you off********************************************************.guess I'll just let it drop and geto on with my life!

Rexlan

YEAH
this really is a big bunch of BS!
It just P#**es you off********************************************************.guess I'll just let it drop and geto on with my life!
Yep ... I know what you mean. Been there myself.
When you go to court BE SURE to get your say about the harassment and you could even ask the judge if he would advise these folks to stop the BS (he should say no BTW). Have a written statement if possible and bring copies. Have dates about previous complaints. You may also be able to subpoena the officers who looked at your bike ... that would be a good lick! You will need to do that ASAP.

But the point is that you will get an opportunity to say a few things so stand your ground. DO NOT be a jerk, be polite, dress nice and be civil, no name calling. You may be surprised at the result.

Forget about law suits.
Good luck.

Neighbors from Hell

Check out NeighborsFromHell.com. Forget the civil lawsuit. If anything, check out your state laws and see if you can have him charged with filing a false police report. Just because they don't like the noise doesn't mean you were driving recklessly. Get copies of all reports he and others have made to the police from their records division. If at all possible, get a video system and cover your ass! There are some relatively inexpensive survelliance systems on EBay and Supercircuits.com. Put cameras on the parts of your house that show you coming and going on your bike. Yes, things may cool in the winter, but they are sure to heat up again as the weather does. Whatever you do, don't raise your voice, look at your neighbor or show any type of anger at the hearing. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">