• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment by Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vasunshine

Located in Virginia.....here's the problem. New neighbors in my neighborhood, including me, have been harassed by one particular neighbor. This neighbor has sent "anonymous" letters and has repeatedly called the police to another neighbor's house because their teenagers were outside and had friends over. There were no findings by the police. The children of the person doing all this are even telling everyone about it and saying that "my mom called the cops cause she doesn't like teenagers." Other neighbors have also stated that this person is trying to arrange a neighborhood meeting (with only selected residents) about "what to do about the neighbors." This person obviously has some problems, but we haven't (seriously!) done anything to deserve this treatment. If this continues, can we file a civil harassment suit against this neighbor? How does one go about this? Can we get records from the police about the caller and their findings? Please send any information you have that would be helpful. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">