• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment over Lost Money...am I liable???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GSU_gurl87

What is the name of your state? Georgia

----I feel like a broken record, but here it goes...A former friend of mine who lives in Arizona sent $40 ( two $20 bills) to me through the mail to pay for a ticket to an event here in GA. After discovering that he had no intentions of paying to get himself out here and that he was being dishonest, I confronted him and ceased contact with him. I sent back his two $20 bills the same way he sent them to me, through the mail. He claims that he has not yet received the money, and is threatening to get his parents involved b/c he believes that I have kept it. I have told him numerous times that I have sent the same exact two $20 bills back to him, and that if he didnt receive it, I would send him $40 of my own money. I have also asked that he stop contacting me b/c I had already ended ties with him, so he was really harrassing me. After talking to my parents (we are both only 17 years old), they told me that they would not allow me to send $40 of my own money to him b/c I am not responsible for it. So, my question is: Am I Liable For Cash Lost Through The U.S. Postal Service?? (keep in mind that I was not paying off a debt, but simply returning someone's money to them...) Thank you.

stephenk

what proof do you have that you actually sent the money back to him?

In any event, who the hell cares? If you don't like the guy, STOP TALKING TO HIM! Do you really think he will file a lawsuit in your state for $40?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">