• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have I done all I can?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jez123

What is the name of your state?MD
I have a judgement against someone, they refused to show up for discovery and the judge isued a warrent. I was told to wait and if they get pulled over for some reason the police will bring them in. Is this all I can do ? Any advice would be appreciated. Is been going on a whhile now and I just want my money.

Jez

anabanana

They failed to show up in response to a subpoena for deposition or something? Did the court issue a summary judgment?

jez123

anabanana said:
They failed to show up in response to a subpoena for deposition or something? Did the court issue a summary judgment?
He ignored the judgement against him. We had a discovery hearing where he claimed he had no assets. He refused to answer what he was living off of so we asked for tax records. He did not show up at the second discovery and the judge issued a warrant. That's the last I've heard and that was in 2002.

What is a summary judgement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">