• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He contacts me, then threatens harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maK64

What is the name of your state? Ga

I have been in an on again off again relationship with a man. We split up "for good" a couple of months ago. He called me 2 days ago, i was polite, but ended the conversation as soon as possible. He then sent me an email re:everything he felt was wrong with me. I text msgd. him back in kind.
Now he states he is going to pusue "legal action" for harassment. He has a history of filing stalking/harassment charges, eg. his ex-wife's boyfriend, so i know he is "court happy".

If he is calling me, text messaging me, and emailing me; can "I" be charged with harassment for answering back in a way that does not please him?

I do not have the time to play "court games". He drove his ex's boyfriend nuts by having him served over and over-to me this is just a control thing, but i do not wish to have something like this on a clean slate history with the law.

I understand that it seems that anyone can file for anything-that is their right, but if it is unsubstantiated will the courts follow thru, and/or keep it as public record?

I have long ago quit going to the church that we both attended to avoid him, and also pulled my 8y/o son out of baseball that he has participated in for three years so we do not "run into" each other.

Last week i ordered a cell phone thru a different company so he could no longer contact me- new phone service is to start tomorrow; now i'm going to have to keep both phones and pay both companies to be able to keep proof of texts he sent, and calls he made to me, arghh!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">