• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearing Impaired girl neglect by police dept

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pureheart222

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? High Point, North Carolina

I'm seeking legal advice. I was rape, and sexuall assault 5 mo ago. The dective never follow up with me. I called several time they never return my call. Now I got a letter asking me to pick up my belongs. They did not explain to me about anything or what they was able to found out. I am hearing impaired and I felt very discrimmated and neglect in how they handle this case. Should I go pick up my belongs? what kind of lawyer will I need? it is too late to sue them. what other rights do I have on this case?

Please help

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? High Point, North Carolina

I'm seeking legal advice. I was rape, and sexuall assault 5 mo ago. The dective never follow up with me. I called several time they never return my call. Now I got a letter asking me to pick up my belongs. They did not explain to me about anything or what they was able to found out. I am hearing impaired and I felt very discrimmated and neglect in how they handle this case. Should I go pick up my belongs? what kind of lawyer will I need? it is too late to sue them. what other rights do I have on this case?

Please help
**A: civil rights lawyer.

Ozark_Sophist

Speak with a rape crisis center in your area.
Rape Crisis Center, phone# 704-889-7273

You need to speak with an attorney in your area as soon as possible. Your belongings may contain evidence necessary to convict your assailant. There are centain steps that need to be taken to preserve this option. An attorney should be able to assist you.

Vycor

Im no expert, but picking up your belongings shouldnt change anything, they are just your belongings. Doesnt mean your admitting to anything, your just doing that. picking up stuff that belongs to you.

If these belongings are items you had on when this incident happened, i might suggest having a lab pick them up and run their own tests.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">