• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help...File an answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Alabama

Can anyone please tell me exactly how to file an answer to a complaint? I just need some direction. Does it have to be written in legal language or can I just answer the basic question? I need to buy myself a little more time to seek proper representation and I do not wish to have a default judgement against me, so I'm basically trying to prevent that. Any help would be appreciated.

Anybody out there?

Hello.....is anybody out there? Any help would be appreciated. Seems like such a simple question, although I'm sure there is no simple answer. Thanks.

daffan

I am not an attorney and not from your state.

However, since noone seems to be answering you...go to this website and read instructions for filing complaint.

http://www.megalaw.com/al/rules/civil1.php

You can also search for Nolo (publisher) legal books that might be helpful since they are written for non lawyers.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">