• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

**Help** General Questions about Suing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miss_kalel

Virginia

I have to appear in court next month because i'm suing this person for messing up my swimming pool. This is an appealed case. I will have a lawyer present with me, so do i have to do any talking? What if the defendant doesn't show up? does that mean i win the case but recieve no money?

tijerin

Maybe it's just me, but most people come here looking for legal advice cause they DON'T have an attorney. You already have an attorney (per your post). Don't you think the best person to ask whether you'll have to talk in court and what the outcome "could" be of they don't show up would be YOUR LAWYER?

Not being rude in any way, and if my remarks are taken that way, my apologies. Just seemed like odd questions to be asking people with no knowledge of your case questions that could easily be answered by your attorney.

HomeGuru

miss_kalel said:
Virginia

I have to appear in court next month because i'm suing this person for messing up my swimming pool. This is an appealed case. I will have a lawyer present with me, so do i have to do any talking?

**A: no, only if the judge requests that you do so or if you take the witness stand.
What if the defendant doesn't show up? does that mean i win the case but recieve no money?
**A: ask your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">