• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TexasT

:rolleyes:TEXAS

My car was reposessed a couple of months ago. The car was sold to an insurance company of some sort. I have been unemployed for over 1 year and have NO money.
Well, I received an advertisement from an attorney in the mail stating I am being sued.
I take it for the defiency of the loan. My question is I have no money, I really don't have the means for obtaining an attorney. I do not wish to file bankruptcy. What should I do?
What is the likely outcome of this? This is really the LAST thing I need!

seniorjudge

:rolleyes:TEXAS

My car was reposessed a couple of months ago. The car was sold to an insurance company of some sort. I have been unemployed for over 1 year and have NO money.
Well, I received an advertisement from an attorney in the mail stating I am being sued.
I take it for the defiency of the loan. My question is I have no money, I really don't have the means for obtaining an attorney. I do not wish to file bankruptcy. What should I do?
What is the likely outcome of this? This is really the LAST thing I need!
If you do not go to every court appearance, a default judgment will be entered against you.

Even if you do go, a judgment may be entered against you anyway.

The fact that you have no money is irrelevant to the court.

TexasT

Thank you for your response. Would an attorney be of any help, or should I handle the situation on my own?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">